Wednesday 2 February 2011

touching down in London

Hi everyone!

Well, I have been in the UK for over a week now, and I am just now starting my blog. Even halfway across the globe, I still procrastinate in true Emme fashion. However, since today was my first rainy day in Manchester, I figured I would spend the afternoon updating everyone back home on my English adventure thus far!

As you all know (or should, at least), I am spending the Spring 2011 semester studying business in Manchester, UK at the University of Manchester. My term started this past Monday, but I stopped in London for two nights with my dad before heading up north. We arrived last Tuesday around midday and headed into the city from Heathrow to a cute little hotel near Little Venice on the northeast side of town (they even had a cat that wandered around the lobby... I was in heaven). Despite getting very little sleep on the plane, we spent the next two days getting in plenty of sightseeing. Big Ben, Parliament, some window shopping in SoHo, plus dinner and a pint at a pub called Shakespeare's Head the first night, and a hop-on, hop-off double decker bus tour, the London Eye, the Tower of London and a river cruise down the Thames the second day. We even ate at this cool pub called Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese that was REbuilt in 1664! Crazy!

One of the things I enjoyed the most about London- the tube! As someone who has had to take public transportation in Los Angeles, possibly the biggest city with the worst public transportation, I must say that I am seriously in love with this super simple mode of transportation! 6 pounds for an all day pass! And it takes you everywhere!

Well, I want to keep my posts relatively short and as we all know, brevity is not my strong suit... haha. So I will post all about my first week in Manchester tomorrow!

Cheers for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment