Wednesday 2 February 2011

ps- brief explanation of my blog's title

I know I said my last post would be the only one for the day, but I thought I would explain the blog title that seems to have little to nothing to do with Manchester, haha. For those of you who have not seen An Education (you really should...), it's a British coming of age film about a seventeen-year-old girl named Jenny who lives in 1960s Suburban London and dreams of growing up and being fabulous. In a scene at the end of the movie, she visits her teacher's flat and comments how lovely all her books and pictures are. When her teacher responds that they're nothing but paperbacks and postcards, Jenny observes that those are all you really need.

For as long as I can remember, I have dreamt of traveling across Europe and seeing as many beautiful, cultural cities as I could. However, until last week, these dreams had been largely limited to what I read in books and saw in pictures. But now that I'm here... let the European adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment